Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Radio Romance

A song came on the radio
And you just had to call
Just to let me know it reminded you of me
A song came on the radio
The voice was rough and low
Singing 'bout a girl he used to know, just like me

I'm watching the football team
From a tiny apartment across the street
So I'll light another cigarette
And think of you
I'm watching the crowd roar
But I'm thinking 'bout your guitar
So I'll light another cigarette
And wish for you

A song came on the radio
And it always brings you to mind
The tail-lights speed by, but I don't notice anymore
A song came on the radio
Brought up the thoughts of the rest of my life
The pub pays just fine, but I'm always gonna want more

I'm watching the football team
From a tiny apartment across the street
So I'll light another cigarette
And think of you
I'm watching the crowd roar
But I'm thinking 'bout your guitar
So I'll light another cigarette
And wish for you

Do you think of me when you smell Marlboros?
Do you think of me when you drink Jack?
Do you think of me when our song plays?
Do you wish that I'd come back?

A song came on the radio
As I walked home alone
And I wish I could tell you I still know all your favorite songs
A song came on the radio
The voice was rough and low
Singing about a green-eyed girl who's long gone

I'm watching the football team
From a tiny apartment across the street
So I'll light another cigarette
And think of you
I'm watching the crowd roar
But I'm thinking 'bout your guitar
So I'll light another cigarette
And wish for you

Do you think of me when you smell Marlboros?
Do you think of me when you drink Jack?
Do you think of me when our song plays?
Do you wish that I'd come back?

Our song came on the radio...

1 comment:

Nick (CFKS) said...

This one feels nice. I like it a lot.