Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Song Of My Life

here i lie
staring at
clouds in shapes of
dogs and cats
i hear a woman
start to yell
"oh dear god
i think he fell"

i'm the arrow
shot straight to hell
from the bow of
william tell
my body lies
kissing the ground
like a cross
turned upside down

a priest is rushing
to my side
begins to read me
my last rites
'father, you're too late
my faith is weak
so won't you save your
half-hearted speech?'

i'm the arrow
shot straight to hell
from the bow of
william tell
my body lies
kissing the ground
like a cross
turned upside down

a man bends down and says, "son-
we're gonna get through this one.
take my hand and let us pray."
i scream, 'please get the fuck away!'

i'm the arrow
shot straight to hell
from the bow of
william tell
my body lies
kissing the ground
like a cross
turned upside down

the ambulance is singing
as cops push back the crowd
i start to take my last breath
as blood pours out of my mouth
the medics step in my way
i think this could be it
i hear them start to state-
"the time of death is half-past six..."

i'm the arrow
shot straight to hell
i'm the arrow
shot straight to hell



-Senses Fail
'The Priest And The Matador'

No comments: