Wednesday, March 5, 2008

No Warning

You didn't say it would hurt this bad
That first night you kissed me
You didn't warn me
Darling, I did try so hard
I tried to tell you
I would only hurt you
But when did this crash and burn?
When did we fall so hard?

Day by day, and night by night
We fell in love
Then fell apart
Another fuck, another fight
But I couldn't let go of you
Couldn't stop loving you
But you could cast me aside
Why did you say good-bye?

Another call you didn't answer
Another promise I wish you could keep
Not that I blame you
I couldn't hate you
No matter how hard I try
I don't want this to be good-bye

Day by day, and night by night
We fell in love
Then fell apart
Another fuck, another fight
But I couldn't let go of you
Couldn't stop loving you
But you could cast me aside
Why did you say good-bye?

You didn't say there were conditions
When you first said you loved me
When you first took hold of me
I tried so hard to tell you, baby
I loved you so damn much
Still love you so damn much
Baby, please tell me you love me too
I can't say good-bye to you

No comments: