Monday, February 25, 2008

You Can Eat Your Heart Out

well you can eat your heart out.
you can eat your heart out.
and I hope you fucking choke
on all the pieces.
yeah, chew me up and spit me out.
pretend I never happened.
tear me apart. Yeah, hurt me-
once again.

wish you wouldn't whisper promises
when i knew you never meant to keep them
wish you wouldn't lie to me
while you're making love to me
wish you wouldn't take back everything
now you've got what you came for
wish you weren't so fucking perfect
so i could hate you all the more.
you can eat your heart out...
i hope it's poisoned.

well, you can stare and wonder
what it would be like if you'd never left
you can stare and know you had that
maybe it'll give you some satisfaction
you can stare and think
that maybe you can do better
well, i hope she's pretty, i hope she's sweet
i hope it kills you that you left me
oh god-

you can eat your heart out
you can eat your fucking heart out
you can pray that when you're ready
things will go back to how they were before
you can try to remember
what it felt like when you touched me
and i hope it fucking kills you
that you never will again.

wish you wouldn't whisper promises
when i knew you never meant to keep them
wish you wouldn't lie to me
while you're making love to me
wish you wouldn't take back everything
now you've got what you came for
wish you weren't so fucking perfect
so i could hate you all the more.
you can eat your heart out...
i hope it's poisoned.

you didn't have to lie....
you didn't have to die for me.
you didn't have to cry....
didn't have to say good-bye.
you didn't have to change....
you didn't have to go away.
and now it's much too late...
i think i've lost you once again...

well you can eat your heart out.
you can eat your heart out.
and I hope you fucking choke
on all the pieces.
yeah, chew me up and spit me out.
pretend I never happened.
tear me apart. Yeah, hurt me-
once again.

you can eat your heart out
you can eat your fucking heart out
you can pray that when you're ready
things will go back to how they were before
you can try to remember
what it felt like when you touched me
and i hope it fucking kills you
that you never will again.

wish you wouldn't whisper promises
when i knew you never meant to keep them
wish you wouldn't lie to me
while you're making love to me
wish you wouldn't take back everything
now you've got what you came for
wish you weren't so fucking perfect
so i could hate you all the more.
you can eat your heart out...
i hope it's poisoned.

No comments: