Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Will Fade Tonight

i didn't realize
i was
bleeding
till i saw red teardrops
hit the floor
and i didn't realize
i was
screaming
till you asked me
why i'd locked the door

and is there anything
left to fight over?
is there anything
left to say?
tell me you love me
tell me you hate me
tell me anything
but "you'll be okay"
and is there anything
left to hold onto
or have we let all the good parts go?
tell me you love me
tell me you hate me
which one's true?
i'll probably never know
i didn't want to say goodbye
but you can see it as i cry
there's nothing else that i can say
i'm sorry, love. it was the only way
so darling, i will fade
tonight

i didn't know
that you would cry
you always seemed
so in-control
and i didn't know
that you and i
could someday have been
something more

you tell me
you believed
in us
you tell me
tomorrow will come
but it's to late
for me to change
so say goodbye
and walk away

and is there anything
left to fight over?
is there anything
left to say?
tell me you love me
tell me you hate me
tell me anything
but "you'll be okay"
and is there anything
left to hold onto
or have we let all the good parts go?
tell me you love me
tell me you hate me
which one's true?
i'll probably never know
i didn't want to say goodbye
but you can see it as i cry
there's nothing else that i can say
i'm sorry, love. it was the only way
so darling, i will fade
tonight

i didn't know
how to stop it
once i started
i could only pray
that you would come
and save me
but you won't
you're so far away

and this cut's too deep
to slow down now
so i just wait it out
the darkness comes
and covers me
i just wish
i had a chance
to say goodbye now

and is there anything
left to fight over?
is there anything
left to say?
tell me you love me
tell me you hate me
tell me anything
but "you'll be okay"
and is there anything
left to hold onto
or have we let all the good parts go?
tell me you love me
tell me you hate me
which one's true?
i'll probably never know
i didn't want to say goodbye
but you can see it as i cry
there's nothing else that i can say
i'm sorry, love. it was the only way
so darling, i will fade
tonight

No comments: